When adding your contributions to the site please bear the following in mind:
- All listings must be relevant to the Theatre and Dance community served by the site:
- For what’s on items this means the event must take place at a venue in Swindon, BaNES or Wiltshire
- For job’s and opportunities this means the listing must be of particular relevance to people interested in theatre and dance. danceandtheatrewiltshire.net is not a general employment website. NB this does not mean that a job or opportunity must be based in within the local area served by the site – only that it must be relevant to theatre and dance.
- For directory listings this means that you or your organisation must have an address within the area served by the site and be able to prove that you do the majority of your theatre or dance work in the local area.
Posts which do not meet these guidelines may be removed. If you are unsure about whether your listing meets these criteria please email us to ask advice before posting.
Reposting and Cross-posting:
- Content should only be posted to the single most appropriate section of the site – for example it is not acceptable to add identical or very similar content to more than one of the jobs, opportunities or what’s on sections (cross-posting). Please decide which section of the site is most appropriate and post it there only.
- www.danceandtheatrewiltshire.net reserve the right to move content to a more appropriate section and/or delete cross-posts without notice.
- Users who cross-post repeatedly or persist in cross-posting after having been asked to stop may be banned from the site.
- Users should only repost content which is similar to content that has previously been listed on www.danceandtheatrewiltshire.net if there is a genuine reason for doing so. Examples of valid reasons for reposting include:
- If a job application deadline has passed without suitable applications being received
- If a previously posted opportunity or event is occurring again at a different venue or on a different date.
- If the details of an entry have otherwise substantially or materially changed so as to alter the section of the danceandtheatrewiltshire.net userbase to which the listing will appeal.
- Keeping content on the first page of the jobs or opportunities listings is not a valid reason for reposting content. Clear duplicate postings will be removed without notice.
If you have a genuine reason for reposting content which is materially the same as previously posted content please email us before resubmitting your content.
- Try and make your listing as accurate and complete as you can. The more complete your listings the more useful they are to people visiting the site and may get a better response.
- An image will benefit your listings and the bigger the better! Listings with an image will tend to get viewed much more than those without. Images can be up to 2Mb each and can be uploaded in JPG, GIF or PNG formats. Only one image can be displayed per listing.
- Lastly, please don’t post anything that could be considered rude, defamatory, libellous, threatening or unpleasant. We will remove it and may reconsider your access to the site. If you see something on the site which you think falls in to the categories above then let us know. In short, be nice to each other.
Why we have these guidelines:
danceandtheatrewiltshire.net works because of two things:
- It is based around a specific community of interest – Theatre and Dance in Swindon, BaNES and Wiltshire
- It supports that community by providing it with high quality, relevant information.
The content guidelines are here to help maintain quality of information and promote its exchange in a fair and friendly environment. We recognise that companies and individuals do work outside the area and we of course want to support that, but danceandtheatrewiltshire.net is all about theatre and dance activity taking place in Swindon, BaNES and Wiltshire, and, as such, is not the appropriate place for information about activity taking place elsewhere.
Individuals and organisations based outside the area are welcome to list both events taking place in Swindon, BaNES and Wiltshire and jobs and opportunities of interest to danceandtheatrewiltshire.net users, but we regret that we are only able to list locally-based individuals and organisations in the directory.